The Collaborative Action Now to Defeat Obesity (CAN DO) Playbook helps primary care, public health and community leaders work together at a local level to defeat obesity. Through interactive exercises, the CAN DO Playbook teaches proven, field-tested improvement strategies for the many settings that influence health, including schools, clinics, hospitals and communities. Plus, an online community connected to the Playbook lets participants share ideas, get help and network with others passionate about improving their community’s health.
The CAN DO Playbook is the only place that lets you:
- Discover best practices to address obesity prevention across primary care, public health and community agencies.
- Connect with other motivated professionals and change experts making improvements in their communities through an online community.
- Take Action and share what tools you’re using to keep momentum for national obesity prevention going.
What You Will Learn
The Playbook offers Six Strategies for Change preceded by an Introduction to Quality Improvement and capped with a section on Sustainability and Spread. Learn how to:
- Form an effective team and make a clear plan
- Create a consistent message
- Develop a system for assessing weight status and health behaviors
- Deploy a customized healthy weight plan for all individuals
- Align resources to build the capacity of your community
- Influence polices that enable exercise and healthy eating
The content is not intended to be completed in one sitting, but rather serves as a guide for your team throughout your work. Come back as often as you’d like, for as long as you’d like and start wherever you’d like.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How long does it take to complete this guide?
The course contains approximately 4-5 hours worth of content.
2. Do I need to complete the guide in one sitting?
No, you do not need to complete the guide in one sitting. Your progress will be saved if you exit and start again.
3. How long will I have access to the guide?
For as long as you want. Once you enroll, your access will never expire.
4. Do I need to be a healthcare professional to use this guide?
No. The CAN DO Playbook is designed for people working in primary care, public health and/or community organizations.
Still have questions? Contact email@example.com!